CAN GIO MANGROVE BIOSPHERE RESERVE
Can Gio Biosphere Reserve is a wetland located 40 km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. This reserve has been listed the biosphere reserve by UNESCO. The site is an important wildlife sanctuary in Vietnam as it is characterized by a wetland biosystem dominated by mangrove and many rare species.
The forest’s area is 75,740 ha, with over 150 botanical species.
Join small group tour
07:30 am Pick-up at the customers’ hotel and transfer to Tan Cang pier by comfortable minivan.
08:00 am Depart to Can Gio Mangrove forest by luxury speedboat. When on board, enjoy a light breakfast of The Pat’ a Chou cake with Lavie water & seasonal fruits, enjoy the fresh air and understand the daily life of local citizens living along the river banks.
09:15 am Arrive to Can Gio Mangrove forest.
09:30 am Learn about the flora typical of mangrove forests and the story about this area from the war time it was almost destroyed to nowadays (the biosphere reserve of the world was listed by UNESCO)
– Get on the small wooden boat, rowing in the swamps with mangroves.
– Observe the Reserve Bats Lagoon of the city, hear their sound from the top of the trees.
10:15 am Arrive to the center of Vam Sat to obserse immense panorama of Vam Sat mangrove forest.
– Visit the area for bird conservation in the wild bird nesting season (from May to October).
– Visit the crocodile farm (with the Crocodylus Porosus is listed in the Red Book), learn the process of hatching crocodiles.
– Join one of the most fearless activities: Standing on the cruise boat for angling carnivorous crocodile.
– Observe wild monkeys (long-tailed monkeys characterized by Can Gio). You can feed them if you want.
– Walk along the road through the mangroves, challenge yourself with a suspension bridge, great place for children!
12:00 pm Have lunch at Vam Sat Restaurant and relax in a coconut tree hut.
12:45 pm Finish Can Gio Mangrove Forest and head to Saigon.
02:00 pm Arrive back to Saigon to be dropped off at your place of stay.
– Insurance on boat, all entrance fees
– English-speaking guide
– Lavie water and wet towels
– Hotel pick-up and drop-off
– The Pat’ a Chou cake & seasonal fruits
– Vietnamese traditional set lunch
- Personal expenses
Tour Departure Time: 8:00 AM
Tour Length: Approximately 6 hours
Price: 110 USD (2.550.000 VND)
– Child (under 12 years old): 75% on Adult price
– Child (under 8 years old): 50% on Adult price
– 1st Infant (under 4 years old): free of charge
For your booking and payment:
We will contact you within 12-24 hours and work closely with you for your itinerary.